|Full Name||José Manuel Requena Plens|
|Languages||Spanish (native), English (intermediate)|
2018 Alicante, Spain
University of Alicante - BSc in Telecommunications, sound and image
- Degree obtained with the two specializations offered: Acoustic engineering and Audiovisual technology.
- Thesis advised by Jenaro Vera Guarinos.
- Thesis: Estudio de la relación campo directo/reverberado; útil/perjudicial.
- Qualification: Obtained with honors.
2011 Alicante, Spain
IES Luis Garcia Berlanga - Certificate of Higher Education in Sound
2009 Elche, Spain
IES San José Artesano - Certificate of Higher Education in Electronic
Feb 20 - Jul 21 Gandia, Spain
Researcher at IGIC
- Advised by Rubén Picó and Víctor J. Sánchez-Morcillo.
- Work on project REDLAUNCH: Launch Sound Level Reduction of the European Space Agency under contract 4000126316/19/NL/LvH, also with support from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, and European Union FEDER through project PID2019-109175GB-C22.
- Design and manufacture of acoustic metamaterials.
- Design, assembly and programming of a three-axis robotic system to perform acoustic measurements in an anechoic chamber. The control software (MATLAB) is integrated into my acoustic measurement software A|Lab.
- Global objective: development and validation of acoustic metamaterials for the control of acoustic loading on the launch pad of space rockets such as the ESA Vega launcher.
Sep 16 - Jul 18 Alicante, Spain
Founding Partner at AµTech
- Teaching in microcontroller programming to the students of the University of Alicante.
- Laboratory and project management.
Jun 11 - Feb 18 Alicante, Spain
Sound tecnician at Acusticox
- Realization of fixed installations or events and sound and lighting control.
Sep 05 - Nov 09 Alicante, Spain
Laboratory technician at Profdent
- Preparation of dental models.
- Inventory management.
Honors and Awards
- Training School: Use and characteristion of new acoustic treatments and tools. European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST). Óbuda University, Hungary (2019).
- MSc with the highest honors and special jury recognition.
- Best academic record (MSc in Acoustics, 2019).
- Programming languages: Matlab, C++, Python.
- Modeling software: COMSOL.
- Design software: AutoCAD.
- Room acoustics software: CATT-Acoustic, EASE.
- Documentation software: LaTeX.
- Knowledge of web development, Java, Git.
- Microcontroller programming experience: Texas Instruments, Espressif, Arduino.
- Sports: mountain bike, hiking, rollerblading.
- Hobbies: travel, rock music, movies